Why become a member? ×

NBD. Sire P5

Jamieboy

Hello. I've not posted on here for several years (kids, job etc) but have just got a new bass so thought I'd put something up as im always interested reading others NBDs. 

I tested this against a 40th anniversary vintage squier in the shop but for me the sire was hands down nicer to play, and a bit cheaper. I've not owned a load of basses(think this is my 4th, over the last 30 yrs or so) and none of them have been expensive ones but the neck is certainly the nicest I've ever felt. 

I marginally preferred the look of the squier but thought the sire looks much better in the flesh than in pictures (but have included a rubbish pic in any event 😉).

In my limited experience id say it sounds a bit brighter than tje stereotypical p bass sound but still sounds good to me. I play in a church and thought it fit in well tonally when playing with the band with the tone about halfway. I noticed its a bit lower output than my squier VM Jazz.

Im pleased with it and think its good value for money.

20221008_115939.thumb.jpg.af9f83f6750a0d021436385877d850d8.jpg

• Like 16

• 1 month later...

They're significantly different in detail to instruments sold domestically by Dame, they aren't simply sticking a different headstock transfer onto existing designs. Nevertheless, they certainly plop off the workbench in the same shed.

Edited by Bassfinger
Dinosaur clover tarmac