Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass - *SOLD*
£1150
Brighton

EdLib-3

I'm in the process of moving flat in a hurry due to the landlord selling the property so unfortunately I need to raise some money quickly - this is a reluctant sale.

As a result of a Fender factory mess up, this bass (serial number: US15099634) is a USA Geddy with a neck with black fretboard inlays (meant for the limited run red version), rather than the standard pearloid inlays. This is a unique one of a kind USA Geddy. More details on how this came about, and some correspondence with Fender to verify this, can be found on this thread from the bass's previous owner:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/302288-withdrawn-fender-usa-geddy-lee-signature-jazz-bass/

Plays and sounds as good as you've heard these basses do, the pickups are absolutely huge and beastly sounding and the tone control is the most effective and wide ranging  I've ever experienced on any passive bass. The neck has  a unique and super comfortable oiled back of the neck finish in addition to the period-specific finish and binding on the rest of the neck. Comes with Fender hard case with all the case accessories.

Condition is overall very good with a dent on the bottom edge of the body, a bit of light finish scratching due to buckle rash and a couple of very small knocks on the headstock (please see photos).

Due to the fact I have to move home, this is collection only from Preston Park area of Brighton. The price is firm, and reflects the need for a quick sale whilst also hopefully making it more appealing as a cash on collection only sale.

Here is my feedback from previous Basschat sales for assurance of an honest transaction:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/

If you have any questions or want additional pictures, message me. Thanks.

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Edited by EdLib-3
  • Like 9

I sold this Bass to Ed and it was me who did all the detective work with Fender to find out about the factory mess up with the neck.

No reason to be concerned at all regarding the provenance, deal with confidence! It's a great Bass.

GLWTS Ed!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vinorange said:

Ever thought of having it refinished in red like the limited edition red the neck should live on?

I think the black finish with black inlays on a maple neck looks cooler than on the limited run red version. And a lot more rock 🤘.

Edited by EdLib-3
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brewer62 said:

Hi, is this bass still for sale- if so I’ll def take it off your hands. Been after one of these for a while and prefer the dark block inlays. Drop me a line! 

Mark

I've just PM-ed you. Cheers.

• EdLib-3 changed the title to *SOLD* Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass