Why become a member? ×

Dream bass multi f/x ... what would you want?

SamIAm

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

CDs to be overtaken by LP sales in 2022 as the vinyl revival continues | Labels | Music Week

Trouble is we humans and the universe we're in are analogue creatures not digital. 

I don't think it has anything to do with that. People who buy records (AKA vinyl) are enthusiasts in having a thing. People who buy CDs just want the music, and now streaming is the way of doing it, so there is less of a need for a CD, plus you can often download it from the website when buying now, if you want losless. The CD doesn't have any advantage over the lossless download (I buy CDs, rip them and then listen to that). 

Just now, Woodinblack said:

I don't think it has anything to do with that. People who buy records (AKA vinyl) are enthusiasts in having a thing. People who buy CDs just want the music, and now streaming is the way of doing it, so there is less of a need for a CD, plus you can often download it from the website when buying now, if you want losless. The CD doesn't have any advantage over the lossless download (I buy CDs, rip them and then listen to that). 

That's kinda implying that folk who buy vinyl aren't also just into the music, though, and that they're more akin to stamp collectors? Is that correct?

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's kinda implying that folk who buy vinyl aren't also just into the music, though, and that they're more akin to stamp collectors? Is that correct?

No, obviously they are into the music as well, but they also want the whole package, sleves, lyric sheets, and the general tactile feeling of a record. 

Bit late to this thread but as I am waiting indefinitely on the slim possibility my Mod Dwarf will ever be built, here's what I think is lacking in multi-effects generally:

* Really bloody good-sounding effects. I've used a few of these and none really does that basic thing. 

* Intuitive UI.

* Able to use any plugin format -- VST, AU, LV2, all of it. Including ones from my DAW.

* Complex routing, and outputs to allow for bi-amping.

* Unlimited effects per patch (within reason obvs)

* Octave up. That works and doesn't sound like a robot bee.

* Stretch goal: looper with three loops and MIDI sync.

* All the other stuff I'm too dim to realise I need ;-)

Sadly I have no bloody idea how to make any of it happen but I look forward to seeing what you *do* come up with.

On 14/10/2022 at 22:37, LukeFRC said:

I tell you what I think would be interesting… a single pedal to load a single plugin into. As in I think if you are looking for multi fx there are options - but something that lets you run *that* vst you want …

Ohmicide comes to mind. I cant believe there's no hardware version,

It's the greatest distortion pedal ever created