Why become a member? ×

2006 Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Now £800
£1000
Thurso, Highlands

Ramsay777

Up for sale is my crafted in Japan Fender Jag bass. Bought it around 6 months ago from Bassbros and in that time it's seen less than 10 hours play from me. It's an awesome bass and I would love to keep it but last in, first out. Just haven't been playing much to warrant keeping it when I have other hobbies to see to!

In great knick for going on 16 year old. Bit of tarnishing on the tuners and bridge, electronics are a bit scratchy but work fine, few light scratches on the body and a couple small dings to the clearcoat (none through the paint) Neck and headstock are immaculate. It's a bit neck-divey due to the design but a suede backed strap keeps that in check. I think it's sounds awesome in active mode.

Looking for what I paid for it - £1000 and i'll cover the ppstage to the UK. No hardcase but it will be in a (admittedly crappy) Stagg gigbag that it came with and packaged up very well, insured to full price etc.

Just grabbed a couple quick photos can easy get more detailed ones if required. No trades, got plans for my motorbike over winter and another bass won't help with that 😂 cheers

20220927_174902.jpg

20220927_174934.jpg

20220927_174942.jpg

20220927_174946.jpg

20220927_175000.jpg

20220927_175006.jpg

20220927_175012.jpg

Edited by Ramsay777
Pricedrop
  • Like 3

• Ramsay777 changed the title to 2006 Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Now £950
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 16:33, Lord Sausage said:

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm probably just a bit ignorant, but how come it's that much for a CIJ? Is that how much they go for nowadays? I assumed Japanese ones were much cheaper than the US. 

Or is it just this model?

Just interested to know

It's to do with the model I suppose, these CIJ Jaguars were a fairly short run in the mid-2000s and had a great spec that made them quite popular for those who opted for them. Other Jaguar models have become available since, but not with the Jazz pick-up config of these.

They suffer with grounding problems, but once that's resolved with some shielding they are certainly up there with some of the best put together USA Fenders - not surprised to have seen the price of these creep up through the last decade!

Or, ignore all that, its worth it for that iconic red and matching headstock 🤤 Shame I'm not in the market for this, I'm sold...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 16:33, Lord Sausage said:

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm probably just a bit ignorant, but how come it's that much for a CIJ? Is that how much they go for nowadays? I assumed Japanese ones were much cheaper than the US. 

Or is it just this model?

Just interested to know

Late to the party here but I guess; what Perfectionbg said! Japanese Fenders can definitely be on-par with the US stuff. This is the cheapest on Reverb last I checked too, with a couple being listed well over a grand. Doesn't seem to be a time for selling expensive guitars but we'll hold on.

Down to £900.

Edited by Ramsay777
  • Like 1

• Ramsay777 changed the title to 2006 Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Now £900
7 hours ago, Ramsay777 said:

Late to the party here but I guess; what Perfectionbg said! Japanese Fenders can definitely be on-par with the US stuff. This is the cheapest on Reverb last I checked too, with a couple being listed well over a grand. Doesn't seem to be a time for selling expensive guitars but we'll hold on.

Down to £900.

Cheers. Not what I expected. I have a CIJ 62 reissue Fretless jazz. That I bought for £400 about 10 years ago and it was about 10 years old when I bought it. 

Not that I'm interested in selling it despite it never really getting played. Just surprising.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Ramsay777 changed the title to 2006 Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Now £800