Why become a member? ×

HELP! I need a jack socket for an epiphone EJ200

gafbass02

Help! My epiphone EJ200's stereo output endpin jack has gone weird - its started spitting the cable out, like it can't grip it. I need to replace it ASAP, but the internet has failed me and I can't find a spare part anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one or if any old stereo endpin jack will do?
Thanks in advance!
Gaf

41 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

That looks promising.  I suppose all I can do is start buying and see what works!! Cheers both :)

it's not quite clear from the photo but it looks like the outer nut/strap pin section isn't screwed all the way in, this would stop the jack plug from properly engaging and holding in place (as you describe) it might be worth adjusting it so that the middle threaded section is flush with the button section and see if this fixes the issue.

if that doesn't sort it then i'd sugest removing the whole socket and checking there isn't a peamp or similar built into it befoere you order any parts (some systems have a buffer or preamp circuit built into the jack socket)

Matt

• Like 1