Why become a member? ×

Replacement for dead Markbass Big Bang

Philverado

Howdy, as per the title my MB Big Bang has done exactly as it’s name suggests 🙄

I play into a Barefaced supermidget in what’s essentially a rock band but I like the clean but loud tones the MB gave. 
anyone got any suggestions for something in a similar vein. Lightweight, small but reasonably potent? 
I’m in West Cornwall do not an abundance of places to go to try gear out. There’s an EBS reidmar 502 for sale that looks nice but can I expect it to live up to the MB into an 8ohm cab? 
I can go for another Big Bang but fancy I could be missing out on something awesome
Any thoughts, suggestions are welcome. 
Cheers, Phil 🍻

Both myself and @Phil Starr had  MarkBass issues that made them uneconomical to repair.

We both ended up with a Peavey Mini Max 500 and both agreed it actually sounded better than our MarkBass. At the time Thomann were selling them at £169 as Peavey had released a MkII version.

They do pop up now and again.

• Like 2

On 20/09/2022 at 13:42, BassBunny said:

Both myself and @Phil Starr had  MarkBass issues that made them uneconomical to repair.

We both ended up with a Peavey Mini Max 500 and both agreed it actually sounded better than our MarkBass. At the time Thomann were selling them at £169 as Peavey had released a MkII version.

They do pop up now and again.

as opposed to blowing up!

• Haha 1