Why become a member? ×

NAD! Vintage Acoustic thrift shop find

BassAgent

So I was visiting the thrift shop near my house, I do find some cool stuff there now and then (record player, NAD amplifier) and behold: there was a vintage Acoustic 118 combo there. A bit dusty, but it works perfectly, there was some dust in the pots as well but I had that out with a vacuum cleaner and some knob turning. It sounds absolutely killer! It has that typical Acoustic compressed solid state sound, very tight and an awesome combination with my fretless Jazz. It does remind a bit of Jaco's sound through his 360 amp
Best of all: it was only 50 euros!

VX0mRzW.jpg

qGVF45N.jpg

• Like 12

I want you to keep an eye out for something for me since you have all The luck today 

so, four a side machine heads, blocked fingerboard, old tortoiseshell and painted three colours probably black red and yellow. Might say “fender” on headstock please make sure it’s got “1962” stamped on the neck. I’ll give you E100 for your trouble and take the worthless thing off your hands, might make good firewood .. probably