Why become a member? ×

Greetings!

TylerElaschuk

My name is Tyler Elaschuk, I'm a Toronto-bassed educator, composer, arranger, bandleader, you name it.  I've been a professional bassist for the past 10 years or so, here to not only chat and hang with the bass community at large but also to share my experiences and pointers I've accumulated throughout my working career.  Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you're curious about, well, anything!

I'm a very recent convert to social media, but if you want to check out a bit of my playing do check out my instagram, linked below:
https://www.instagram.com/tyler.elaschuk.bassist/

5 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

Cool playing dude!  Two too many strings for my abilities and stubby fingers so kudos.

Short fingers necessitate proper technique.  Freakish spindly alien hands like I have can lead people to develop poor playing habits, and thus injure themselves!  My first bass teacher was a classical guitarist who's hands looked like those of a cabbage patch doll, but this man could shred circles around anyone.

• Like 1