Why become a member? ×

Preamp pedals with fx loop questions

uk_lefty

So my band are going bananas about getting the PA settings digitally set. It makes sense. But... The bass doesn't go through the PA today except for the drummer's monitor. Even so, I need to go to a very lengthy rehearsal to get all the levels set. Level setting apparently needs to also consider effects settings. As I am in the process of experimenting with my board some pedals will come and go. I've been looking at preamp pedals that have an fx loop. My very simple thinking is, loop all my effects into one preamp pedal (I'd like a preamp pedal with compressor) and then I can control output volume with the preamp pedal. Is this correct? Would it limit volume spikes off my fuzz etc? Or, is it behaving like an amp in that it only wants modulation etc in the loop and not drive and others? In which case the use I want it for is not carried out.

I'm confused. Guitarist can't help me. 

Please help?!

860426990_EHXTriMixer-600x600.jpg.8fecbea14bdf21253822b63e4c2840cf.jpg

Ok, so not strictly a preamp and more a 3 channel, foot switchable, mixer, but something I find indispensable and is at the heart of my pedal board. Send and return levels on each channel help keep volumes in check and the ability to use effects in parallel is surprisingly useful. 

Tri mixer in situ. 

20220826_134137.thumb.jpg.5ac60ab1ea3796147ae153ff3e62da35.jpg

• Like 1