Why become a member? ×

Laney Nexus Hybrid Tube/FET Amp 650w Trades Considered + Price drop £400 ONO - *SOLD*
£500
Nottingham

ricksterphil

Would consider trades for a short-scale or fretless 4 string of similar value

NOW SOLD

This is the hybrid FET version with the tube or FET pre-amp options and solid state power amp.

Price is now £450 --- PRICE DROP £400 ONO

spec

Power RMS 650 Watts
Inputs1x Jack (With 10db Pad Switch)
Channels Fet & Tube
Equalisation: Bass & Treble shelving controls, Hi & Lo Para Mid, and 6 Band Graphic EQ
Master Presence Control Yes, Active Power Stage Feedback Control
Preamp Valves 2x ECC83
Output Valves: No
Class: Class A/B
Link Jack Yes (Line Level Slave)
Line In Power Amp In
Footswitch Yes (Included)
Speaker connections 2x Speakons
FX Loop(s)Send & Return Jacks (post EQ, pre Master Volume)
Impedance Minimum 4Ω
Cabinet Design Marine Grade plywood cabinet with large grip handles
Compressor Single Control for threshold & range with auto level adjust (footswitchable)
DI Socket Male XLR (Balanced & Switchable Pre/Post EQ)
Tuner Output Socke t1x Jack (direct from input, still active when amp muted)
Dimensions: 524 x 218 x 400 [mm].
Weight 27 [kg].

Comes with the original footswitch which allows you to turn stuff on and off.....with your foot!

Although it weighs a bit (ok a lot - 27kg) it's actually a reasonable lift due to the big handles on either side of the head. New Roqsolid cover and I have the original box so can ship.

I've had this fully serviced after the valve pre-amp circuit failed mid-gig - saved by switching to the FET preamp circuit. My amp tech test ran the amp for a week just to be sure after fixing the fault which turned out to be a dry joint. Through my Barefaced super twin it sounds epic, a lovely deep round tone, with plenty of shaping options with all the graphic EQ available.  Worth pointing out that you can blend the tube and FET pre-amps, adding an extra level of tone options

I can ship at cost but expect it to be £40 insured vis UPS - I do have the original box so it will be very well protected.

I can do a meet up if it's within 50 miles from Nottingham

I can take more pics and if you collect you can give it a test drive before handing over your cash.

Payment by PPG or bank transfer or cash if pickup/meet up

Trades added

IMG_20220828_130553.jpg

IMG_20220828_130633.jpg

IMG_20220828_130701.jpg

IMG_20220828_130729.jpg

IMG_20220828_133400.jpg

Edited by ricksterphil
Trades added
  • Like 7

May I ask - The pictures show the FET version of this amp, the Tube version says Nexus tube on the front panel

Is the amp you are selling a different one? The FET is not all valve (KT88's as in this pic)

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d16083a8b13743aaba3c5ea7cf571795.png

• Like 2

• ricksterphil changed the title to Laney Nexus Hybrid Tube/FET Amp 650w
15 hours ago, Grav said:

May I ask - The pictures show the FET version of this amp, the Tube version says Nexus tube on the front panel

Is the amp you are selling a different one? The FET is not all valve (KT88's as in this pic)

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d16083a8b13743aaba3c5ea7cf571795.png

Thanks @Grav  I've now amended the listing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

Thanks @Grav  I've now amended the listing. 

Hope I did not come across as rude. I've been looking for the Tube version for a while and was hoping you had both and had added the wrong images 🙂 GLWTS

18 hours ago, Grav said:

Hope I did not come across as rude. I've been looking for the Tube version for a while and was hoping you had both and had added the wrong images 🙂 GLWTS

Not at all, thank you for pointing it out. I'm the eejit for thinking it was all valve, although given how good this amp sounds, the all tube version must be epic.

• ricksterphil changed the title to Laney Nexus Hybrid Tube/FET SOLD