Why become a member? ×

Selmer Czech 1/2 Size Mid 20th Century Double Bass - *SOLD*
£600
Lancaster

ash

Selmer Czech 1/2 Size Double Bass Mid 20th Century Plus Gig Bag & Bow

I traded this around 10 years ago for a MIJ Fender Precision Bass and it has been my ‘go to’ bass for many years. Heavily gigged and recorded for Bluegrass and Rock ‘n’ Roll. It was bashed about when I first got it but my luthier sorted it out and although it’s not too pretty it does sound very good. The pickup was added by myself and I used it in combination with a Trace Elliot TAB preamp to get the best amplified sound. It isn’t massively loud as it is a small bass however it has a lovely warmth and tone and can hold its own in acoustic settings. It’s set up to my tastes and has a combination of Rotosound (E/A) strings and silver slaps (D/G). I do have some spares too if I can find them. The bag is good quality though having been transported a lot it has scuffs and frayed edges. Zips and pockets work and there is a cheap bow included. 

The bass is pretty old as it has the old style hat pegs as well as brass tuners. The body has numerous repairs and cosmetic marks. It is a flat back instrument. The shape is different from my more modern bass and looks like a gigantic violin.

I’m not sure how to price it so let me know if this is way out. I believe half size instruments aren’t as desirable but this is a good compromise for travelling and it will fit in most small cars with ease. I have carried it to gigs without too much pain!

Pickup from Lancaster us a must I’m afraid and no trades.

Lots of pics of it. Selling because I have not been able to play it since my left hand developed tendon issues. I’ll be sad to see it go but it’s time to recognise that I will not play it seriously again. 

Edited by ash
Sad to see it go but glad it’s gone to a good home!
  • Like 1

• ash changed the title to Selmer Czech 1/2 Size Mid 20th Century Double Bass sold