Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk leather bags

msb

6 hours ago, msb said:

I just ordered one from BC , the other end of the country. Black leather bass gig bag , I’ve heard good things about them. 
Time for a splurge. 

A review of the bag would excellent once it arrives, he said selfishly, as I've been looking at them 😀

• Like 1

I have a Levy guitar case my Longhorn fits into , and I love it. I picked it up for about 1/3 of retail on the local online buy&sell. It’s a heavy case , but I love it , and I’ve somehow managed to regularly gig despite being older than dirt. Most of my other basses will not fit into the Levy however , so I decided to splurge. 

Here’s the Levy case. I’ve been using for about two years now. And it’s made me a believer.

It looks like it will be about ten days for the delivery of the Maruszczyk. It will be interesting to compare them.

AEA9CF1A-DA1D-41FF-B7B2-B622E446E6E7.jpeg

Edited by msb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

I am looking for quality bags like this that will fit a 32" scale bass.

My Levy is a guitar case , my Longhorn fits perfectly , and my Gibson DC Jr will just make it , but my others will not . The Maruszczyk is said to be a long scale case , so I’m expecting most others will too. I mostly use short scales these days but still have the assortment of classics one accumulates over the years. The Longhorn and Jr are my two favourite things at this point. 
So I’m optimistic , my fingers are crossed. I suppose I should have gone around with a tape measure first , but we’ll find out when it arrives!

• Like 1

The Levy company started here in Nova Scotia , they became famous for their straps. I was doing an outdoor show across the harbour in Dartmouth last month and a guy asked me how I liked the case. 
He had worked up in Antigonish for Levy Leather for thirty five years!

And mentioned the leather in my case was beautiful leather.

They do make a larger bass case, but they’re pricey. But they are beautifully made , and tough. A friend has been using one every week for well over thirty years now, and it’s still in perfect shape, the wear has given it wonderful patina , and all of the zippers still work like new ones.

After around two years mine still looks brand new. 
I was looking at Levy , Warwick , and Maruszczyk this time around and the best price for what was available was the Maruszczyk. I’m expecting similar quality to the Levy.

Bag arrived this morning and I’m really happy with it. Now the Levy leather is softer but this Maruszczyk is beautifully made and will easily fit most long scale basses , with the exception of my Eastwood Classic IV , which is a big hollow body bass . I have a nylon Eastwood bag for that , not a big deal.

The storage compartments on the Maruszczyk have Velcro , whereas the Levy has leather buckles. They should be fine .

I plan to use it this weekend and am looking forward to driving it around . I’ll probably put some leather conditioner on it.

Here’s the two side by side , the Levy is actually a guitar case , but my Dano Longhorn fits perfectly.

edit … my Flying V will not fit either , but I didn’t expect it to 

F46DD29C-DF65-4D20-BC89-6CFA23494E83.jpeg

Edited by msb
  • Like 4

I don’t believe Reunion Blues make leather bags any longer, their old ones are legend.
I only found several leather bags available , a couple were silly expensive , and looked absolutely gorgeous. I looked at Levy and Warwick Rockbass bags , and found a good price on the Maruszczyk. The bags I have now will certainly outlast me.

• Like 1