Why become a member? ×

My jazz bass journey.

nilorius

Hi! It all started in 1999 when i bought used Musima P bass and played it for 2 years. At that time i dreamed for a Fender jazz bass. At 2001 i bought MIM jazz and was happy. Then i started to listen to Jaco and find his tone perfect. Defretted my MIM Fender but didn’t get what i whant. Bought a Jaco artist jazz and was happy with tone, but not in body finish, so i refinished it myself it to black with red rain drops. I was happy but still didn’t got the sound i want. At 2006 I started to follow Gary Willis and found his tone the dream tone i was searching for all my life. Yes, I bought Ibanez GWB1005 and it become my #1bass till Pandemia. After the covid all bands i played just for money (the bands that used to play in small stands – 2 players or full 5 setup) called me to play in need for bass, but they where very intense for fretted bass version and i thought – i have perfect #1fretless GWB1005, why would i not try out fret my Jaco artist jazz bass to have a 2 different types for situations. So i called my luthier, super wise man with basses, to fret my Jaco artist jazz bass. He said – ok. Not cheap – 220e, but it sounds great and feels superb. So i now got two #1 basses. A universal fretted Jaco fretted artist jazz bass and for all other situations Ibanez GWB1005. So what do You think about this jazz bass journey ?

Edited by nilorius

• nilorius changed the title to My jazz bass journey.