Why become a member? ×

Master Blaster (Jammin)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='465963' date='Apr 18 2009, 10:44 AM']I played this live with a uni band. Such a great tune. I had a lot of fun learning it and it's a really satisfying line to play :) Good luck with it.[/quote]

thanks for your help Hector! I've now just gotta kick my band into shape so's we can do this track too! :rolleyes:

What do you guys do in terms of working out the best fingering/fretboard position, for a piece of music?

The score doesn't show anything?

The immediate theme after the octave intro...there's a certain type of phrasing that you hear in the original, but recreating that means working out the notes in a certain position on the fretboard.

When you see a series of notes written down, those notes can be played in several different positions on the bass, I'd be interested in what method is used to decide where to play.

[quote name='AM1' post='468578' date='Apr 21 2009, 01:37 PM']What do you guys do in terms of working out the best fingering/fretboard position, for a piece of music?

The immediate theme after the octave intro...there's a certain type of phrasing that you hear in the original, but recreating that means working out the notes in a certain position on the fretboard.

When you see a series of notes written down, those notes can be played in several different positions on the bass, I'd be interested in what method is used to decide where to play.[/quote]

You and your phrasing :)

[quote name='AM1' post='468578' date='Apr 21 2009, 02:37 PM']What do you guys do in terms of working out the best fingering/fretboard position, for a piece of music?

When you see a series of notes written down, those notes can be played in several different positions on the bass, I'd be interested in what method is used to decide where to play.[/quote]

Start a fingerings thread. Wait for all the innuendo to flood in.