Why become a member? ×

KAM Powerbar - how to get all 4 lights on at the same time

Beatlebuddy

Hi just picked up a KAM Powerbar LED lighting system.  I dont have a DMX Controller and intend using the unit with all four lights on at the same time rather than flashing on and off.  The manual isnt that great in my opinion so I'm struggling to work out how to do this via their soft panel menu system.  Does anyone now what menu setting is required to achieve all 4 lights on at same time?

45 minutes ago, Beatlebuddy said:

Hi just picked up a KAM Powerbar LED lighting system.  I dont have a DMX Controller and intend using the unit with all four lights on at the same time rather than flashing on and off.  The manual isnt that great in my opinion so I'm struggling to work out how to do this via their soft panel menu system.  Does anyone now what menu setting is required to achieve all 4 lights on at same time?

You'll want 'Auto' mode, with preset 1 to 7, depending on colour required. Easy enough if you have the footswitch; do you have that..?

If you don't have a DMX controller then the other option is a basic four button foot controller that plugs in to the 5 pin DIN socket on the back.  Then you can cycle through the pre-installed programmes, as well as activating sound mode, freeze and blackout.  

You can't do what you want from the menu.

There is a hack, however, that I found when my foot controller packed up. 

Take a paperclip and bend in to a U shape. With the powerbar turned on and in AUTO mode,  short out pins 1 and 2 on the DIN socket. Keep doing this and it will cycle through the in-built programmes - there is a programme for each colour. Programme 8 (I think) will auto cycle through each colour and Programme 9 will auto fade through each colour in turn, with all four spots showing the same. 

Give it a go.

• Thanks 1