Why become a member? ×

electro Harmonix B9 or C9, anyone tried 'em?

skidder652003

So we do this shine on you crazy diamond/Floyd thing as well as some other proggy stuff in our set (Hocus Pocus for instance). I'd love a keys player but as that isn't going to happen any time soon I was considering using one of the above pedals to add a little organ blend. Anyone been down this road with either the C9 or B9 and if so, did it work? I know they are really designed for geetar but I've seen a couple of (dodgy) YouTube demos on bass. They're pretty pricey even used so I'd like a bit of feedback before biting the bullet. Thanks!

image.png.bdd1ec2e7a35d5085eedcd9bc7e20f17.png

image.png.c48883d6214fc1d29b280aa757dbd9b6.png

Edited by skidder652003

I have both the b and c as well as the mel

I use them both in my classic rock covers band ( purple, whitesnake, rainbow etc..), and Ozzy/ sabbath trib to give the thickness that keyboards can give.

I find the work best sent to PA, rather than through my bass rig, and have built simple systems for this to work.

combine them with a freeze type pedal, and you could have keyboard pads for days lol

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

I have both the b and c as well as the mel

I use them both in my classic rock covers band ( purple, whitesnake, rainbow etc..), and Ozzy/ sabbath trib to give the thickness that keyboards can give.

I find the work best sent to PA, rather than through my bass rig, and have built simple systems for this to work.

combine them with a freeze type pedal, and you could have keyboard pads for days lol

brilliant, thank you. Can you blend the signal so more bass with just a hint of organ/keys background?

• Like 1

I had a B9 briefly, the sounds were good but I didn't get on well with it as it glitched and didn't trigger well for me—which was probably down to my sloppy technique. I found the Boss SY-1 works much better for me and does the organ thing very well. The boss can also do the hold/freeze thing by holding down the footswitch to hold the current note(s)

• Thanks 1