Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang 2 band onboard pre amp

petetexas

Hi ,

I thought as much , and have asked Glockenklang, and Thomann, without any reply from either .

Thanks for info, I feel a bit better getting one , and doing it now .

All I need is a Volume and Tone ( I know it will be a ganged pot with treb and bass for the tone ) but thats all I need SIMPLICITY ON STAGE !

Pete

I've got 3 basses with Glock pre-amps and just checked the wiring diagram and it may be possible.

The blend circuit board is hard wired to the volume so a simple connection to the two wires going to the volume board should do it.

Edited by BassBunny

Hi ,

Had a reply from Thomann Tech ( who has been in touch with Glockenklang ) Yep , connect the + on the pup to 3 or 4 on the VOLUME pot , missing out the BALANCE control , and do not connect the MID pot .

Pete

Edited by petetexas

While awaiting the Glock , l have fitted a bass pentatone ( 6 position varitone ) to the Gibbo.........very confusing connection info on line for this unit l - have asked de lisle for clarification. 

The different notch filters give the Gibbo quite a range of sounds , but l seem to have a connection issue,  because l have lost the smoothness of my volume control !

Pete

Edited by petetexas

Had reply from de lisle , l have somehow added an extra wire from volume pot to bass pentatone , hence the loss of volume smoothness (all effect at full turn) BUT , wired correctly as de lisle say , there is a large amount of volume lost as you go through the 6 positions , but the volume control works smoothly .

I'm going to leave it with the extra wire , as l prefer the smoother sound   , and less volume loss going through the positions .

I will post both sketches later today , maybe someone with electrical knowledge can explain?

Looks like the Glock will take a back seat for the time being .

Pete

Edited by petetexas

Here are the two sketches of how the pentatone was wired .........

First one ( A ) correct to the instructions of de lisle..........vol pot works

Second one ( B ) My extra cable ( balanced more across the six positions ( still some slight loss in volume ))Vol pot does not work correctly .....

Pete

pentatone version A.jpg

pentatone version B.jpg

Looking at the diagrams, 1 is correct (assuming the pentatone is wired like that), and 2 I am not sure how the volume is making any difference at all, other than working as a tone bypass a higher 'volumes'. 

There will be a loss of volume in some of the settings on the tone control, that is how a passive tone control works, it takes away more or less of the signal at different frequencies..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys ,

Used it Sunday at the gig , but as usual I kept switching to position 1 , then 3 , then 6 , then back to 3 etc etc etc just because they were there !..........too much messing about really .

What I will say is that the sounds were all pretty good , all the way around the 6 positions switch .

I might leave it on and try to improve the loss volume control , and settle on one sound .

Last gig for the band anyhow, so no hurry .

I`ll keep you posted

Pete