Why become a member? ×

Peavey VB-2 All Valve Goodness - *SOLD*
£350
Milton Keynes

King Tut

After a brief dalliance with valves, I'm moving this on. It was bought as B Stock from one of the big stores during lockdown. It's in pretty much as new condition apart from the slightest nick in the tolex on the top edge just to the right of the 'Peavey' logo. It also has a strip of velcro attached th

o the top which should come off pretty easily. Included is a well used but sound flight case. It's not bespoke but the Peavey fits inside well with some room for a small backup amp. It's been gigged twice and I've used it a couple of times at rehearsal. Despite the fact we have roadies, it's just such a ball ache to move about and I've had some back issues so not really wanting to risk it. When I bought the amp, I did some research and read that some of them came out of the factory with an incorrect valve in the preamp. I checked and sure enough my valve was wrong, so i purchased the correct valve (balanced) from a valve supplier in Sheffield.

It certainly does the business. Sounds just like a valve amp should with six power valves and a pretty versatile EQ.

There's absolutely no way I'm going to post this so it's collection only from Milton Keynes or would be prepared to meet within a reasonable distance for petrol money.

More pics available on request. Not really looking for trades but could be tempted to deal if you have a later Ashdown ABM head, Barefaced Super Compact, a 2x12 cab or something Rickenbacker flavoured

Here's the specs:

Three Band EQ

A three band EQ lets you dial in your ideal settings to match your sound. Making this amp highly versatile. Including high and low controls, as well as a mid control that has a four-way midrange selector that will allow you toset the mid-frequency shift at 200, 400, 600 or 800 Hz.

Resonance and Presence

You'll be able to adjust the dampning factor on this amp with Peavey's patented Resonance and Presence controls. A three-way impedance selector enables you to match the Peavey Tour Vb-2 Bass Amp to any bass speaker.

A footswitchable mute/tuner circuit and front-panel effects loop gives you additional flexibility.

Specs:

225 watts of all-tube power from six EL34 pentodes 

Clean and overdrive channels with footswitch selection 

Custom-designed, oversized power and output transformers 

Impedance selector switch for 2, 4 and 8 ohm loads to match any bass cabinet 

Two parallel speaker output jacks 

Two shielded 12AX7 dual triode preamp tubes 

Shielded, 12AT7 cathodyne phase splitter for increased power amplifier dynamics 

Ceramic tube sockets 

Inputs for passive and active basses 

Tuner send jack 

Footswitchable mute/tune switch with flashing LED indicator 

Bright switch 

Three-band active EQ with four-position mid-shift switch 

Front-mounted, series effects loop 

Resonance and Presence damping controls 

Balanced, XLR direct output with ground lift and pre/post EQ switch 

Weight: 54 lbs (24.5 kg)

IMG_0814.JPG

Edited by King Tut
Sold
  • Like 5

Just now, timmyta said:

Near Llangollen

Ironically I was playing the Red Dragon festival there a couple of months ago. Look Tim, I’m gonna try to avoid ousting it for now, once it’s in the case it’s a two man lift and gonna be a pain in the backside to get posted. If I don’t have any luck I’ll drop you a line.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, timmyta said:

still holding out for collection?

I’m away for a couple of weeks. I’ll look at the feasibility of posting it when I get back. Have you had experience of posting something this heavy? It was obviously posted to me, but that was without the flight case. Of course I’ve been thinking about how to get it to a parcel depot, but I guess I could always arrange collection. I’ll be in touch on my return.

• 3 weeks later...
  • King Tut changed the title to Sold Peavey VB-2 All Valve Goodness