Why become a member? ×

For Sale or Trade: Fender Urge ii bass. Stu Hamm USA signature model - *SOLD*
£1250
Northants.

fretmeister

SOLD AND GONE.

Selling this lovely Fender Urge ii Stu Hamm bass. I have owned this for years and years and it's a wonderfully sounding instrument with IMHO the best neck Fender ever put on a bass. It's somewhere between a J and a P with an oval profile that is really comfy.

The only reason I'm selling is because it's 4.1kg / 9lb in weight and my medical issues mean I can't cope with that anymore.

Another unique thing about the bass is the pickup arrangement. It's Jazz / Precision / Jazz with a very clever switching arrangement that controls all 3.

With the switch at the rear it is just a J as you'd expect, with a balance / pan control.

With the switch in the front position it is just a P. The balance control does nothing.

In the middle it's all 3 pickups on - but with the Jazz pickups still controlled by the balance. So you can have Full JPJ. Or you can have the neck J with the P. Or the P with the bridge J.

There's a great preamp system too that is very powerful.

It's 34 inch scale and the finish is far more metallic in person.

The bass is 16 years old so of course there are some little marks here and there, but so far I haven't been able to photograph them. Marks you can see in the pics are reflections from the room. I'll get outside later to take some more.

It's currently got some very dusty D'Addario Pro Steels on it (40-100 iirc) but I will stick some fresh strings on - probably 45s as that's what I have. I'll finally get to use the Dunlop polish set I got for christmas too!

When I got it used at least 10 years ago I didn't get a case or a bag with it, so it's collection only from Northants.

I'm looking for about £1250 ono. The only trades I would consider would be Sandberg Superlights - ideally a very lightweight 5 string example, but any Superlights would interest me.

EDIT - I've had some trade offers but they've all been too heavy. Max weight for trades is 3kg.

So it's really only Sandberg Superlights as I don't think there's anything else that light.

I'll try and do a bit of video when I get the chance.

ta

Edited by fretmeister
More photos
  • Like 19

It now has some brand new D’addario 45-105 nickels on it with the action nice and low.

In the past I’ve had TI flats on it and that was excellent too.

41 minutes ago, molan said:

The ‘Swiss army knife’ of basses - great for a gigging player who needs fast access to different sounds on a single gig!

Awesome for recording too!

• Like 1

• fretmeister changed the title to ***SOLD*** For Sale or Trade: Fender Urge ii bass. Stu Hamm USA signature model