Why become a member? ×

VST Live - Advanced Live Performance System

lowdown

I'm quite tied up with Steinberg products and their mailing lists so this dropped through my Email letterbox this morning.

I thought it might be of some use to some musicians on this board. It does look quite interesting and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Details here on the Steinberg Website link:

VST Live: Advanced Live Performance System | Steinberg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

what happens if your laptop crashes or the battery runs out?

wouldn't the whole band be compromised?

TBH laptop crashes should be a thing of the past. I use a laptop to provide the drum parts for one band and synths and incidental noises for another. In over 5 years of using this setup for weekly practices and monthly gigs, the computer has not crashed once. We have had one problem where on a very lively stage the vibrations caused the mains lead came out of the audio interface, which in turn caused the backing the stop, but the band were able to carry on playing to the end of the song and TBH I don't think anyone in the audience even spotted that something had gone wrong. This won't happen again as I have now hot glued the mains lead in place. No one in their right mind would power a system like this from the laptop battery.

• Like 1