Why become a member? ×

trace elliot series6 gp12

jbwaddy

Mine was 150 watt but it was way louder than that, it more than kept up with the drummer and guitarists, I don't think I ever took it past half way.

[quote name='jbwaddy' post='462371' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:34 PM']any idea what watts it is i know trace watts are louder than some others but just a bit of a guide would do please[/quote]

I had a GP11 4x10 combo which was 150 watts and a GP12 head which was 200 watts - I think into 4 ohms so more like 100 & 150 respectively into 8 ohm combo cabs. Both were really good amps - the combo especially had no trouble volume wise in a really loud 3 piece rock group. The only problem was it weighed a ton. The quality of both the GP11 and GP12 was light years away from the current Peavey stuff - it really was pro equipment back then and should still be going strong.

[quote name='jbwaddy' post='462351' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:13 PM']hi does anyone know anything about the series 6 gp 12 combo which has the 4*10s in it. been offered one for 300 quid works fine no damage to it at all looks like its been pampered all of its life. any help appreciated cheers[/quote]

I don't think you'll go far wrong with that.

thanks guys now ive a big problem im now wondering if it will be powerful enough. dont want to run out of volume and then have to get something bigger in the future(only thinking that way cos you know what drummers and guitarists can be like lol) any one got any thoughts on that?

[quote name='jbwaddy' post='463810' date='Apr 16 2009, 12:00 PM']thanks guys now ive a big problem im now wondering if it will be powerful enough. dont want to run out of volume and then have to get something bigger in the future(only thinking that way cos you know what drummers and guitarists can be like lol) any one got any thoughts on that?[/quote]
Pretty sure you can add another cab to these if you really need it. That will give you even more oomph. The price is good for a pristine one, IMO.