Why become a member? ×

Orange bass amplifiers

nbaptista

53 minutes ago, nbaptista said:

Yes, I am starting out with bass!

Welcome to basschat where you a free to ask away. There's no such thing as a silly question when your starting out. 

So you currently have a fender rumble 100, which I believe is absolutely fine for home practice and even jamming with friends. As others have noted if you wish to gig or play with a drummer Ina full band context then I would guess you need to look at something at least 300W maybe even 500W as a minimum. Your probably better looking at seperate heads and cabs at these powers though. 

Is a certain brand of amps better for certain genre's... Perhaps, I mean orange are generally more associated with heavier sounding music. But if your going to start using distortion and other effects, perhaps the amp you choose doesn't matter so much... At least for now. 

If I was you I wouldn't get too worried about this tone or that, just concentrate on practising and having fun. As soon as you start obsessing about tone, then you get sucked into a black hole of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), trying this amp, this cab, this or that pedal. 

I'm going to go out on limb here ( I might risk getting shot down in flames) but in a live band context the audience won't give a fig about your tone or the price or brand of your amp.. they are hearing/feeling the groove and then with drums and heavy guitar on top they won't be able to discern between a Harley Benton head/cab or a Vander Klay head/cab.

That's my advice for what it's worth

Thank you, it makes sense.Yes, for now the most important is to practice and learn, The Fender is fine for that, I have time in a year or two to buy another bass amp.I liked the Orange, but for now I just want to play and have fun.I have all the information I nedeed, after reading all of your posts! Thank you to all!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nbaptista said:

Thank you, it makes sense.Yes, for now the most important is to practice and learn, The Fender is fine for that, I have time in a year or two to buy another bass amp.I liked the Orange, but for now I just want to play and have fun.I have all the information I nedeed, after reading all of your posts! Thank you to all!

You're welcome mate! 👍

12 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

In that case you can learn just as much by playing quietly through your guitar gear until it's time to play with others. That'll give you a couple of months to save up for something that will move some air. 

This. Save your money for now.