Why become a member? ×

Fret Ends & Fretboard Edge Sand and Polish

Quick 10 min Sunday Job... Odd sharp fret end and hard edge on the bitsa necks...

For some reason i came across theses 4 Way (Sand,Smooth,Buff,Polish) Fret Dressing Sponges in Superdrug... A  bargain at £1.99 or 2 for £3...

https://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Nails/Manicure-%26-Pedicure-Tools/Nail-Files-and-Buffers/Superdrug-4-way-Nail-Buffer/p/785413

Did a Luverly job... spongy so you can crease for better shapeing, smoothed the fret ends and light-rolled the fretboard edge.FretEdge4in1.thumb.jpg.b72d749bf2d67d5e6a4bcbbc26592c19.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I got a couple of those in the shed... not sure what grit but look quite course... Your superfine are listed as 360-500 grit.

The Nail Sponge looked useful in the hands of an ameture as a lighter grit and with buff n polish sides...

Didn't want to take too much off, especially the neck with the Mapel Fretboard with Blocks, as it has got a bit of a tint finish.

Edited by PaulThePlug

On 29/05/2022 at 16:35, PaulThePlug said:

I got a couple of those in the shed... not sure what grit but look quite course... Your superfine are listed as 360-500 grit.

The Nail Sponge looked useful in the hands of an ameture as a lighter grit and with buff n polish sides...

Didn't want to take too much off, especially the neck with the Mapel Fretboard with Blocks, as it has got a bit of a tint finish.

The finer side of those nail buffers is several thousand grit. Much easier to get than a high grit paper/cloth.

• Like 1