Why become a member? ×

Bassist Are VERY Conservative in what they want from a bass

Spoombung

Shopping in GAK is great. Last time I was in there, so was Neil Buchanan. Reason enough to shop in there. Quite a nice player. I think his son (at least I think it is) was testing out some kind of Les Pauly thing.

Amused me, son was having a noodle. Buchanan comes along, gets the guitar... "Give me a scream".

And so he did.

Just checked out his wiki entry -

Music

Buchanan was also in a band called Marseille that made two albums and 5 singles and was part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal scene. The band also provided backing vocals for Des'ree and Gary's Guitars. The band split in the mid-1980s as Buchanan wanted to concentrate on his television career.

So there you go. A man of many talents.

And the theme tune to number 73 is still etched on my brain.

And I guess the child in question was Freddie.

Marseille was a New Wave of British Heavy Metal band from Liverpool, England.

Marseille was formed in 1976, and released their debut album, Red, White and Slightly Blue on the label Mountain in 1978. Members included Paul Dale (vocals), Neil Buchanan (guitar), Andy Charters (guitar), Keith Knowles (drums) and Steve Dinwoodie (bass). Marseille were the first band to win Battle of the Bands.[citation needed]

Marseille gathered a small fanbase while promoting their first album as support for other groups such as Judas Priest, Nazareth and UFO.[1] Their debut, that suffered somewhat from lack in promotion and limitation of release, had very raunchy lyrics[2] For the single, Kiss Like Rock 'n' Roll the band were produced by Nazareth guitarist Manny Charlton.

Their second release, the eponymous Marseille, received airplay on local radio, extending their fanbase. However record company issues and disinterest in the band caused Marseille to split-up after their third and final release Touch The Night.[3]

The original line up reunited for a handful of gigs in 2008 but since then Paul Dale has left the band and has been replaced in February 2009 by Nigel Roberts and the band are currently working on new material as well as reworking old Marseille classics for future release and they plan to start gigging in Spring 2009.

- I'm there!

Anyway, I'll probably be in GAK on Saturday trying to avoid all the MB stuff.

Edited by EBS_freak

I've always thought musicians were inherently conservative. The last innovation in the brass department i think was the saxophone. And that's still a bit radical for some people. So there's the odd blue electric violin, that's hardly a world away from Stradivarius either.