Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman SB14 4 string bass *Pending* - *SOLD*
£400
Blyth

warwickhunt

They say... Sterling by Music Man, is for players seeking Music Man vibe and performance at a more affordable price. The SB14 is an accurate version of the popular MusicMan Sterling model and made without compromise in craftsmanship and materials. Each instrument is inspected, setup, and actually played before it is released.

The Sterling SB14 has a basswood body that delivers warm tone with great sustain. Like the Music Man model, the smaller body is comfortable and easy to hold during long gigs. It features a Music Man-designed active preamp that is dead quiet and allows precise cut/boost control of bass, mid, and treble frequencies. The Music Man-designed bridge has thick saddles for stability and precise slotting that guarantees no sideways string movement during heavy playing. SB Series bass pickups utilize a 3rd hidden coil for hum cancellation. You can also switch from single-coil or humbucking mode and get all the tonal goodness without the hum and noise.

Sterling by Music Man SB14 Bass Features

Body: Basswood
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
21 Frets
6-bolt MusicMan designed neck joint
Pickups: MusicMan Humbucking with ceramic pole pieces and hum-canceling phantom coil
MusicMan Designed 3-band Active Preamp: Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass
MusicMan Designed Bridge with stainless steel saddles
34" scale
Open gear heavy duty tuners
Spoke Wheel truss rod adjustment

This is 'probably' the best copy that Ernie Ball/Musicman have done of one of their own basses; it mimics a USA Sterling bass pretty closely.  Condition is excellent and no dings or dinks that I can find.  Comes with a gigbag (not Musicman).  

Happy to ship it if the buyer pays full insured courier costs.  'Possibly' take a trade on it but... PLEASE do not message me with bits of kit that I can clearly find on BC / eBay / FB for £200 and tell me it is worth £1000, I'm not daft and I know how to search for relative values.  Likewise '1 off' custom orders that you may well have paid £3000 for but sadly the average bassist values at £500, I can't give you £2000.  Sorry it is better if I'm just up front about it rather than waste anyone's time.  

Vintage Warwick basses will always float my boat, likewise unusual esoteric brands, so I'm happy to put money to a trade that interests me.  I'm partial to a light weight bass so anything that you 'estimate' to be over 9lb (and will likely be 10lb+) isn't of interest.  Be sure to message me with offers and not directly on this thread. 

IMG_20210906_114518893.jpg

IMG_20210906_114526521.jpg

IMG_20210906_114534651.jpg

IMG_20210906_114548980.jpg

IMG_20210906_114557570.jpg

Edited by warwickhunt
  • Like 7

• warwickhunt changed the title to Sterling by Musicman SB14 4 string bass *SOLD*