Why become a member? ×

Facebook notifications

PaulWarning

Since the last FB 'upgrade' I no longer receive notifications when someone leaves a message  in band's inbox on our FB page, which means I have to remember to check regularly to make sure we're not missing out on offers of gigs etc, anyone got any ideas on how to get them working again? Google hasn't been much help

I do receive notifications on my main pages, and only on the website, not on the phone or email. This is what it looks like at my end on the computer.

Alternatively, you can download the Facebook Messenger app on your phone, and it will allow you to switch between your personal inbox and that of your pages, and will ping for each new message on any of the accounts.

1041143195_notif01.thumb.png.fc699ab4e8e0cc5d8836e2242193efb8.png

637836432_notif02.thumb.png.212fc927c203ed23beea7ee8e8c9ad7f.png

1599710314_notif03.thumb.png.888d1acc0e6ddfe0f0c012e99d53e923.png

• Like 1

I think you need to click on Manage on the top right hand corner. The resulting screen should look more or less like this:

initial.thumb.png.7cf22f02c2009d6fbba26f9868bad621.png

Scroll to the bottom of the Manage Page column and choose Settings, then Notifications, and you'll end up on the screens in my previous post.

page.thumb.png.1c6b2cf9238f5c4c25207260ad7f60fb.png

Weird - I'm not given an option to add an address if I click on the field for allowing email notifications. In theory, your page already has your email address, because you can't log in to FB without one. Perhaps that's why it doesn't work?

Incidentally, you are using the 'new' style for pages, i.e. the style that malfunctions (of course...). I had to roll back the change on one of my pages and go back to 'old' style for all of them, because it was such a disaster. 🙄

• Thanks 1

Mrs Bassfinger runs our bands FB page as I refuse to sign up to Mark Suckerberk's service and hand over my data to him.

Anyway, she checks every evening and it takes her perhaps 5 seconds, fingerprint unlock phone, tap FB icon, done, so it's not exactly onerous if you don't get a ping.

• Like 2