Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Element as an audio interface

ambient

I wrote a somewhat lengthy review of the Element a while ago. 

Something I’ve just discovered with it, when you’re using it as an audio interface, it uses whatever impulse response - amp/cab/microphone sim - you’ve got loaded into it. Which I think is quite brilliant. 

I knew the IRs were present in the DI’d signal as well as the headphone signal. I didn’t know they were in the audio interface out.

It’s an amazing little thing.

6A0E9A2A-2332-40DD-A539-8D50C513A084.jpeg

Edited by ambient
  • Like 2

I think the Element may be my favourite Darkglass pedal. I use a couple of Elements, one on a small board (just that and a Line 6 HX Stomp) I keep for practice at my partner's place, and the other as my DI on a slightly bigger board on my desk at home. I generally use it without an IR but find being able to use the Bluetooth function to play along to Spotify an invaluable practice tool. Even when I use another other pedals with a DI out, like a preamp, I don't move the Element.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I think the Element may be my favourite Darkglass pedal. I use a couple of Elements, one on a small board (just that and a Line 6 HX Stomp) I keep for practice at my partner's place, and the other as my DI on a slightly bigger board on my desk at home. I generally use it without an IR but find being able to use the Bluetooth function to play along to Spotify an invaluable practice tool. Even when I use another other pedals with a DI out, like a preamp, I don't move the Element.

I have mine on a small board too. I’ve just redesigned my pedalboard around the Element.

E1ACA63C-83D2-41CB-BE1E-580F1D1EE269.jpeg

This is a great little pedal. Just received mine earlier in the week. My touch sensor is EXTREMELY frustrating even after a firmware update and setting sensitivity level in Darkglass Suite, but it's excellent in every other respect! 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2022 at 14:57, ambient said:

I knew the IRs were present in the DI’d signal as well as the headphone signal. I didn’t know they were in the audio interface out.

In fact you get both the clean DI and the IR'd signal through USB as separate channels. A very flexible unit indeed.

• Like 1