Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big Baby v Ashdown RM 210

lownote

Toying with the idea of replacing my two Ashdown Rootmaster 210Ts with a Barefaced Big Baby (Gen1).

As noted in another post I'm finding the Ashdowns a bit 2D at louder volumes.  Thinking of swapping them out for the BB.  Anyone got experienced opinions on whether the Big Baby would equal or out-perform the Ashdowns? Especially as one set up is 4 ohms, the other (the BB) 8 ohm.   

48 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got the bb2 , not sure what the difference is between 1 and 2 , it’s a very clean deep and powerful cab , what did Alex suggest 🙂

Alex said: " [The BB1] is unlikely to go as loud as that stack with that amp. I'd expect you to need ~800W with the newer BB2 to match ~300W into the Ashdown stack (I doubt they'll handle more than that without getting very muddy or overdriven) but the older Big Baby isn't as efficient."

Edited by lownote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had ,a barefaced super 12t & later 2 x super compacts , I switched to 2 x 12" RM , Ashdown did upgrade the speakers to sica 700w for me as I was using a 1000w ABM  head . I prefer the sound ,I'm considering getting the new 2x 12" RM cab for a one trip to the van solution ,it looks similar to a super 12t but with better handles .Oh & it's considerably cheaper .