Why become a member? ×

Rock Till We Drop - BBC 2

Nail Soup

On 23/03/2022 at 10:10, Marky L said:

Well, good on them. I do hope they did enjoy themselves.

The old lad with the rock band certainly knew how to engage with the crowd though he was still a bit pub singer.

I just kept thinking of Vic Reeves singing "in the club style" on Shooting Stars.

That said, I think they all did a great job and it would have been less entertaining and risky if they were all stellar musicians. I take my hat of to them all. I hope I still have that energy and passion for playing and performing when I'm in my seventies.

• Haha 2

On 23/03/2022 at 15:49, upside downer said:

I did wonder that. When Martin Kemp was told about Carol's unfortunate situation and the need to find a substitute he said something along the lines of 'bass players are hard to find'. He should have just searched Basschat and he'd have found plenty on here in the right age bracket!

Being a bassist who is now 60 years old, Martin Kemp could have stood in.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Martin Kemp could have stood in.

In the first episode Martin said that for a recent Spandau Ballet tour he re-learnt the basslines from Youtube videos. 

I'm sure he was exaggerating a little bit for comic effect, but he does strike me as someone who only maintains his bass-playing skills to whatever he needs for Spandau at the time.

Edited by Nail Soup
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

In the first episode Martin said that for a recent Spandau Ballet tour he re-learnt the basslines from Youtube videos. 

When Steely Dan started gigging after a break of 20 years, they bought the sheet music to all their songs but found so many mistakes that they had to relearn all the songs off their records.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1