Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR900 valuation

MartyBRebelMC

Hi chaps,

I'm toying with the idea of selling my 4string Ibanez SR900 and wonder if anyone has a good idea of what i should be asking for it. Its in excellent condition and has the Ibanez hardcase (this didnt come as standard). I don't believe they make them any more, its a through neck with flame maple body in transparent black and Bartollini pickups and pre amp.

Mart

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' post='458114' date='Apr 9 2009, 09:21 AM']Hi chaps,

I'm toying with the idea of selling my 4string Ibanez SR900 and wonder if anyone has a good idea of what i should be asking for it. Its in excellent condition and has the Ibanez hardcase (this didnt come as standard). I don't believe they make them any more, its a through neck with flame maple body in transparent black and Bartollini pickups and pre amp.

Mart[/quote]

A quick search in the sale section on BassChat and on eBay reveals that the going rate would be £250-£300 though I'm not sure if the case would actually add a great deal to the deal.

I sold my SR900 last year for £300 (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11355&hl=)

At the time they were still in production and the SRP was £649 according to Ibanez. I bought it a few years previous new, in person, from a High Street music store for £560~ without too much haggling as it was still an awesome bass for the money. Didn't come with a hardcase and neither did I sell it on with one (but did include a strap and Grolsch strap locks!).