Why become a member? ×

Hello (again)!

LemonCello

Back here again after a longish lay-off due to flogging all my gear a couple of years ago.  My hands got really quite sore (thumb joint right hand especially), but the lay -off plus my recent discovery of glucosamine mean't an improvement in my hands to the point where I can get through a classical concert on Cello (last was Mahler 1st Symphony just before Christmas).  

I haven't started gigging the Bass again yet, we will wait and see if that will happen.  Will I enjoy dragging my derrière off the sofa on a cold February Saturday night, drive to some god forsaken half empty boozer for forty quid?  To be fair, I used to do some slightly better gigs like Upton Blues etc so it wasn't all bad lol.

I've just had delivered a Sire V7 V2 which seems to be a better proposition than a Squier?  Build quality looks really good, Alder body, Ebony Fb etc.  Just need to play it in and see if I still like it after a couple of weeks.

Anyway, enough of all this.  Good to be back here, I always found the forums a great source of info.  Keep up the good work and hello from South Wales!