Why become a member? ×

Peavey Alphabass - all valve, cheap, USA made! - *WITHDRAWN*
£350
Leek, Staffordshire

umcoo

Hi all,

I've got a new amp on the way, so making some room.

This is an early 1990's Peavey Alphabass head.  Fairly rare around these parts.  USA-made, 165 watts, rackmountable.  Easy enough to carry, even one handed.

Serviced last summer and had a few preamp valves replaced and was given a clean bill of health.  I shipped this over from Germany at the start of Covid, so it has only had light use since my ownership.  Never gigged whilst I've had it.  There's not loads of info about these as I don't think too many were made. 

If you're looking for a reliable, lightweight (for a valve amp!) amp for not too many pounds, you can't go too wrong with this. 

The case has some scratches, but obviously hidden if it's in a rack.  Can get a clean tone by cranking the master and then gain to taste.  Doing it the other way, the gain gets quite gnarly early on, but it's more than enough power to keep up with a band.

Price is £350, not looking for any trades thanks.

I'm not able to ship it right now due to not having suitable packaging, so collection from just outside Leek in Staffordshire is welcome, or somewhere reasonably close to hand over in person is fine.

Thanks all

7qRfGGY.jpg

AepE3n2.jpg

BkspSW7.jpg

bmbUkjE.jpg

EmbIsun.jpg

eTOzAEj.jpg

LA4jr7R.jpg

tqJI6Yx.jpg

WyhZleO.jpg

YM0W7RH.jpg

YP0d22s.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 26/07/2022 at 04:22, umcoo said:

Hi, I use it for band rehearsal now so keeping it for the time being. Thanks for your interest though. 

Add withdrawn to the title of your listing and it should close automatically. 

• Like 1

• Rich changed the title to Peavey Alphabass - all valve, cheap, USA made! *WITHDRAWN*