Why become a member? ×

I enjoy a good tug...

Bassfinger

...bar and find myself in need of another for my 50's CV precision.

It currently has the black tug bar that came as standard, but im after a cream, ivory or vintage-aged-white coloured one, but the closest I can find is plain white.

Do any of you fine fellows/fellowesses know where I could purchase one and satisfy my desire?

Many thanks.

There are a few coloured ones on ebay.........mostly from the far east. So no idea of quality, but assume poor.

I have several DIY examples that I have spray painted (base + clear coat) using a Fender tug bar as the basis. I have to admit that they are more for asthetics than function, since I don't play with my thumb.

Ah, paint. Hadn't thought of that. A bit of plastikote might be the answer. Cheers.

I don't play with the thumb either, but I don't want to remove it  ( the tug bar, not my thunb) and be left with holes (it doesn't get in the way for me so im cool with keeping it for the hole-hiding reasons), so I'm  left with making it look a bit less stark and maybe matching the new pickup.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1

Yep, get a bit of paint on it. If the tug bar doesn't get get used there's little chance of it wearing off, and a nice, creamy ivory will look a lot classier than fridge white plastic. 

I wanted a thumb rest on my Longhorn but didn't want black plastic standing out, so painted it. 

KMOVA6e.jpeg

• Like 1