Why become a member? ×

NBD - wingbass, something a bit different

Marc S

I've been pondering one of these for a while. They don't come up very often, so I just went for it.

Bought from fellow BC'er Bunion, this strange little Wingbass is rather nice. I've been noodling a bit with it today, and I think it's going to take a while to get used to. But effectively, it's like playing a "normal" bass guitar - but only above the 12th fret.

I got it for taking as a backup, and to take to pub jams with my local folk club pals. We often end up in tight, cramped spaces, and I usually end up almost hitting someone with the end of my bass.

This is really nice construction quality & finish, and I like the sound from the pickup. The neck, such that it is, is a rather strange shape, as I'm used to being able to get my thumb over the top of it.... But I'm sure I just need to play it quite a bit to get the hang of it.

I got myself an Electroharmonix Octave pedal, and I've been enjoying playing about with that too.

I once had an ashbory, and a ukebass, but didn't like the feel or tension of the strings on either of those. This uses standard bass strings cut down - so feels better to me.

IMG_20211106_180603026~2.jpg

IMG_20211106_180636972_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...