Why become a member? ×

** Sold Pending** Fender TB600
£400
Scotland

krispn

**Shipping is not included** but I'm sure we can split the shipping to sweeten the deal

My other amp…

This was another jewel in the crown of Fender’s return to making decent bass amps. This one is based on the Fender Tube Bass preamp the TBP-1 paired to  the same great power section found in the MB-1200 power amp and the 800Pro.

This amp is ideal for the more roots/country/blues/rock tones. The pre amp is the classic Fender tube sound  - a passive tone stack of BMT with passive mid cut only and bass and treble boost only. From memory it’s set at 40HZ-400Hz-4kHz with and additional semi-para eq with boost or cut. If you play a P bass this is the amp to play through. Classic Fender bass tones through and through. 

The amp also features a blendable drive section with gain and volume controls and a blend between the classic and drive channels. It can be set to get all manner of classic drive tones from low gain, edgy pick sound to full on grind. The semi-para EQ really allows you to set your bass in the mix or push the sound ro be upfront and heard. I used this amp in my country band and it was perfect - big classic passive tones which supported the band and never missed a beat.  It has equally been at home on theatre gigs and can do a mean rock tone with some nice responsive break up when digging in. 

There’s a 4 button footswitch included which can engage the drive, the semi- para eq, the fx loop (which doubles as a boost) and has a tuner! There is also a room balance control which is a tilt style eq to fine tune the amp to the room - without a rework of the whole eq. 

Along with the 800Pro these were top of the line pro touring heads! 

Features
Hybrid head: (tube preamp, solid state power amp)
1 channel with switchable drive and semi-parametric eq 
Tubes: 2 X 12AX7
Front panel controls: Vintage Tube Tone - Input -9dB pad switch, Mute, Volume, Bass w/Deep switch (pull to activate), Mid, Treble w/Bright switch (pull to activate)
Tube Overdrive: (Enable/Disable Switch), Gain, and Volume
Blend Vari-Q: (Enable/Disable Switch), Frequency, Level/Q, Room Balance, and Master Volume
Rear panel controls: Balanced Line Output with Ground Lift, XLR Jack, Level, Pre/Post EQ Select Switch, FX Loop with Trim, +4dBu/-10dBv level switch, Send/Return jacks
Effects: Fender passive tone stack, Tube Overdrive section, Vari-Q section, Room Balance, FX Loop/Boost

1FC932C1-BE64-4953-8CCE-C225F560DB89.jpeg

EF7AC1E1-BC67-444F-BBC4-563B869058F4.jpeg

D034F19A-8EC5-4B29-86B2-0FC3FFD6DC1A.jpeg

A7CB8228-AE43-498E-B682-5EBC20DD5FDC.jpeg

83027E4D-DB34-46BF-BE6E-0219F896FA87.jpeg

A737C8EC-514F-49CD-8D18-45029087ADB6.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 3

Foot switch pic!

It's actually the Mustang amp fs (so ignore the 'printed functions') but works perfectly with this head and appears to be based on the original TB foot switch. I've marked it for ease of use :)

D5138810-7130-4123-95D0-02F6578BE0FF.jpeg

Edited by krispn

I've had a couple of folk asking about a 'payment option' for the heads (I've another Fender head for sale) and while I'm not adverse to that in theory I have a couple of non-music related things on my imminent horizon which are available locally and are cash up front/not payment plan affairs. I really need to consider that so outright sales only please.

• krispn changed the title to ** Sold Pending** Fender TB600
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic