Why become a member? ×

Battery Life?

Hot Tub

Not a problem, just a question out of interest....

I've had my Cort Artisan B5 for about a year. I play on [i]average[/i] an hour a night, every night. Sometimes more, sometimes less, and usually more at weekends - maybe a couple of hours a day. Everything's working as it should, and I haven't had to replace the battery. Is this normal?

:)

It seems like it.

Although to state the obvious, it will depend on what batteries are in it in the first place. I bought a Status S2 direct from Status about a year ago, and the batteries in that were Duracell Procell's that were fit as standard.
I was playing the bass the other night and it was perfect, I put it down for a couple of minutes and then picked it up to play again and it was dead, changed the batteries and it was OK again.

I change my batteries every Christmas... in my basses! :)

One of my basses (Warwicks) gets 10+ hrs use a week virtually every week and I've yet to have a battery die from one year to the next. Not trying to teach Granny to suck eggs but so long as you remove your lead between uses (not strictly necessary at a normal gig), you shouldn't drain a battery 'that' quickly. Batteries that I take out I keep for use in non-essential items like my tuner.

yes it is ok, 1 year for a battery in a active bass!
for example , if i remember well ,EMG say it can run 3000 hours with one battery !

but if you leave the cable insert in the bass , the electronics are always ON.

[url="http://www.MakeMusicNews.com"]www.MakeMusicNews.com[/url]

CC