Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Jazz saga

Musicman20

Hey

So as some of you guys/gals know, I have had a somewhat awful and tricky journey to buying a new Fender Jazz USA. I have decided to go for the White with Tort guard and maple neck. Such a nice combo.

Given up on PMT, and Reverb kept quoting me different prices!

Any decent Fender stores who can do good prices? As in I order and they match (or closely match) someone like gak.co.uk.

I absolutely refuse to pay more than about £30-40 over a website. Simply because Ill have to travel anyway! Or pay shipping anyway!

GuitarGuitar have offered me a good price...anyone used them? Its the Newcastle branch (an excuse to go up North and party as well :)) They also replied quickly and promised it would not be a demo like PMT!

Also, Nevada music have offered me the same price. Dont know what those guys are like.

Any shops about? Tried Electro PMT and Reverb so far. Electro are my normal store but they cant match internet prices of £829...which is a shame. I know retail has gone up...but come on every shop should be gagging to sell in this climate!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='450820' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:49 PM']Hey

So as some of you guys/gals know, I have had a somewhat awful and tricky journey to buying a new Fender Jazz USA. I have decided to go for the White with Tort guard and maple neck. Such a nice combo.

Given up on PMT, and Reverb kept quoting me different prices!

Any decent Fender stores who can do good prices? As in I order and they match (or closely match) someone like gak.co.uk.

I absolutely refuse to pay more than about £30-40 over a website. Simply because Ill have to travel anyway! Or pay shipping anyway!

GuitarGuitar have offered me a good price...anyone used them? Its the Newcastle branch (an excuse to go up North and party as well :)) They also replied quickly and promised it would not be a demo like PMT!

Also, Nevada music have offered me the same price. Dont know what those guys are like.

Any shops about? Tried Electro PMT and Reverb so far. Electro are my normal store but they cant match internet prices of £829...which is a shame. I know retail has gone up...but come on every shop should be gagging to sell in this climate![/quote]

If you want to pay web prices then buy it off a web vendor. It's cheaper because they don't have to heat the place where you stand to argue about the price :-) Obviously you should haggle but you can't get high and mighty about paying amount x over the web price. It is, as the marketing folk say, a different product.

Guitar Guitar are IMHO perfectly ok to deal with. At least the Glasgow branch is.

Don't know where you're based but these guys in the NW are great and though they prob won't have it in stock they are a Fender (& Custom shop) dealer. - and will be able to get what you want. Customer service is 2nd to none and usually good on price.

[url="http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com"]http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com[/url]

[quote name='Musicman20' post='450820' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:49 PM']Any decent Fender stores who can do good prices? As in I order and they match (or closely match) someone like gak.co.uk.[/quote]

I'm missing something. Why can't you just buy from GAK? I've bought things from them before. Worked for me. Delivery was either £6 or £10, I believe.