Why become a member? ×

Nicked - MusicMan Stingray Stealth - Limehouse Lizzy

Jonesy

I don't know if anyone has seen this on FB, but Wayne from Limehouse Lizzy has had his Stingray Stealth nicked after a gig in Wokingham.

There's more info from their post below and I've copied it from FB incase people don't have FB profiles.

Hopefully we can get it back to him!

https://www.facebook.com/100044179129040/posts/405464200936214/

Pls SHARE/RT! On July 17th we played the Marvellous Festival in Wokingham. A week after returning we opened up our van to find that Wayne’s bass guitar - a #MusicMan ‘Stealth’ - was missing.
🎸
The bass is both very distinctive looking and also very rare in the UK. Everything on it is black - the chromework, neck, even the mirror scratch plate is smoked black. It also has been retro-fitted with an Aguilar bridge pickup, which bears the name in white script on the pickup cover.
🎸
There’s also substantial wear on the front lower body where stage jewellery has battered into into it, leaving big dents. 
🎸
The serial number is E93826.
🎸
We’ve waited this long in the hope that goodwill amongst the music community would yield a positive result. Sadly however, we’ve now had to conclude that the matter has gone beyond this.
🎸
Anything at all that could lead to its recovery would be so enormously appreciated, especially as MusicMan have stopped making them. Feel free to contact us by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or even leave a message on limehouselizzy.com (click each for links or email us at [email protected]).
🎸
Wayne has also said he's happy to provide a reward for the return of or information leading to the return of the bass. 
🎸
Many thanks.

Edited by Jonesy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonesy said:

A week after returning we opened up our van to find that Wayne’s bass guitar - a #MusicMan ‘Stealth’ - was missing.

This part is totally unexplainable and unexpected !?!

I had a bass stolen 3 decades ago that has never been found back, so I know the feeling. I've been refunded by the insurance for its full new value, but as it was a special order from a luthier I still still feel I've lost more...

But WTF, storing a van for a week without even checking if everything that should be in was really inside is beyond my imagination...

I'll keep both eyes opened in case I see such a rare MusicMan, for sure.

2 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Presumably the reward exists to tempt people into dobbing in their associates?

And hopefully they will. I had a bass stolen years ago, it was only a cheap one with no sentimental value but I was fuming.

• Sad 1