Why become a member? ×

SOLD! - Guild B-301 1980 black £900
£900
Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

A feeler as I am still unsure... but if there is interest maybe.

Guild B-301.  I had GAS something rotten for one of these which got a whole lot worse once I found out some of them were lightweight.  And, indeed, a lightweight one popped up for sale so I bought it and I travelled from Benfleet in SE Essex to Matlock to collect it.

Here is the new bass day thread, which kind of describes it and has pictures. 

I will take some new ones in due course but it is now in much cleaner condition and is sporting TI Flats.

In short it is a magnificent bass, superb build quality, oozes vintage charm and mojo in good '40 years of playing' but not abused condition.  The tone is interesting.  Just the single pickup but an wealth of sounds available.  Full on it actually sounds a bit like a Rickenbacker.  But don't let that put you off :D   

So why am I selling it?  Two reasons.  The first is the body shape - the lump is just where I rest my arm.  The second - it isn't a Precision.  I never learn, I just like Ps.  

At this stage pickup from SS7 in southeast Essex.  Or meet half way or poss. deliver for fuel cost.  Could try to sort out a hard case for courier but need to look into that.

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 2

• Paul S changed the title to SOLD! - Guild B-301 1980 black £900
  • MB1 locked this topic