Why become a member? ×

Amp tech, Huddersfield

Sean.Robinson

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='448128' date='Mar 28 2009, 03:09 PM']Hi, im just wondering if anyone could put me onto a good amp tech in or around huddersfield for my Trace Elliot V8 please[/quote]Robert at Treble Cleff in Brighouse 01484 715417

Simon

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='448305' date='Mar 28 2009, 07:56 PM']Hi thanks for the replys, i did a bit of ringing round and found a few places and people to heavily recommended a chap called Chris Lloyd so ive decided to give him a try. Seemed a really nice guy when i spoke to him :)

Thanks again[/quote]

Sean, do you have a problem with the V8 or just a check over, most amp tech's just love to see these amps though. Things like bias adjustment etc is very simple and can easily be done at home, but you need to follow the instructions in the service manual and not the owners manual as these are incorrect, if you're fitting new power valves, bias will need adjusting again anyway after a few weeks.

Sean.

There's always Matamp over in Meltham... purveyors of fine valve amps. They currently have a 200w valve head in production, and are also doing 8x10 and 2x15 cab's to match.

[url="http://www.matamp.co.uk/home.htm"]www.matamp.co.uk/home.htm[/url]