Why become a member? ×

SOLD * FS/FT Sire V7 4 string, white - first gen signed by Marcus Miller - price drop £250
£350
Glasgow

Fishfacefour

Now sold elsewhere.

Have updated the price to £250 as there have been various Sires going for this price. I'm still open for trades for a short scale, or a sterling sub stingray or similar.

Only for sale as I am after something else, my Sire V7 4 string signed by Marcus Miller. I'm sure the signature has made my playing approximately 27% better (ymmv 😁). 

In lovely white with tort scratch plate, 7.5" radius fretboard, c shape neck with binding and blocks. The body is alder. 

Only real marks are a couple of screw holes where a previous owner attached a pickup cover (which I'll include).

I've had it for 6 years and it's had light home and studio use and a couple of gigs in that time. 

Great passive tone and even better when you engage the 18v preamp. 

Currently strung with d'addario half rounds 45-100.

Weight according to my bathroom scales is around 4kg. 

I have the original box that it came posted in so will post in that if required. 

Let me know if you have any questions at all. 

I've listed this at £350 as this seems to be going rate for v7s, but would definitely consider offers as well as trades for a short scale and cash as appropriate. 

Have updated the price to £250 as there have been various Sires going for this price. I'm still open for trades for a short scale, or a sterling stingray or similar.

IMG_20210615_161512.jpg

IMG_20210615_161520.jpg

IMG_20210615_161546.jpg

IMG_20210615_161602.jpg

IMG_20210615_161610.jpg

IMG_20210615_161710.jpg

IMG_20210615_161652.jpg

IMG_20210615_161616.jpg

IMG_20210615_161622.jpg

Edited by Fishfacefour
Sold
  • Like 2

Really good price for what looks like  superb example , I've never tried a Sire but I have read and seen good things about them.

Wondering how much postage would be compared to fuel and time since I live near Leeds...?

Do you know anything about the authenticity of the MM signature ?

How do they compared to a Squire 70s Modified Jazz ?

Edited by ZenBasses

If I remember correctly, the first 1000 of them were signed by MM as a way to drum up interest at launch (this is number 913).

I bought this second hand in 2015 not long after the launch so would assume its legit but have no way to verify this. Its never been a big concern of mine as its a fantastic bass at a superb price no matter who has written on it. 

Don't know if any other BCers have info on the signature? 

I had a squier 60s cv jazz before this, and ultimately got rid of the squier. I thought the sire plays and sounds better. 

Will look into postage and DM you. I would imagine it's cheaper than driving to Glasgow (and I'm sure scot gov will ban us all from travelling by the end of the week). 

The Signatire doesn't overly bother me I assumed it was some PR stunt but it's a great price so if you DM postage details we may be taking soon 🙂 i have a J Retro at home so interesting to see how it compares ..o installed in my squire and changed it back to passive as I preferred the tone ..odd I know 

I already have a Super Jazz (GB IV) and a custom Shuker but this is an interesting part of market for quality Vs quantity...I've been really happy my Squire 70s style Jazz bitsa bass and it's been the most played of the trio over the past few months..again ..odd...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vdkg7VDQEvANhezQ6

Edited by ZenBasses

20 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

My V3 suffered from horrendous neck dive - similar issues?

Nothing serious, you get a little when sitting without a strap. Its fine on even the cheapest strap. 

I went to a guitar shop a few weeks ago and tried a few different basses. The balance on the knee is comparable to a Fender player precision that I tried.

Incidentally, I tried a sandberg electra vs4 and although sounding immense, the neck dive on my knee was too much and I could hardly play. I hope this was a one off - beautiful bass otherwise. 

• MB1 locked this topic