Why become a member? ×

SOLD!

Matte_black

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Matte_black' post='53241' date='Aug 31 2007, 11:34 AM']He doesn't have a computer and practically knows nothing about shipping etc.
He played bass for about 12 years but now he's away for work and needs the money... pretty easy explanation :huh:[/quote]

I'm confused, do you have two friends currently away working selling early 70's J's with SD PUPs?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4731"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4731[/url]

My mate who's a dodgy car saleman says that 'selling for a friend' is a euphemism for the car being crap, and that when you go to see the dealer he says "you'll have to see the bloke who sold it". Inevitably, the 'real seller' is out of the country for an extended period.

I'm sure there's nothing like that going on here though :)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

It's a '74. Anyway, Beedster, the seller is only one and one is the bass as well... I posted it twice for an error, my fault!
I'm offering this bass for sale after I checked it and used it for a rehearsal. It's a nice bass, really no bad surprises here. I've sold my '74 for a way higher price but mine was 100% stock and in mint conditions while this one has the usual finish cracking on body etc.
Anyway the guy isn't out of country but he's away for work (at about 400km from home) and doesn't know anything about forums... he doesn't even have a computer. I don't have problems offering a return policy 'cause, as I said, the bass doesn't have issues. :)

Oh, I forgot to add that as a "newbie" luthier I'm a bit amazed from the quality of Fender routings. They really suck. I hope that Sadowsky, Mike Lull and all the guys that offer reissues of the good ol' Jazz bass don't try to make them just like the original ones! :huh:
Not trying to offend vintage stuff, just being honest. :)
I had an offer for the body only but the guy didn't accept (and I'm according with him).

Edited by Matte_black