Why become a member? ×

Colin Williams/The Higsons

Beedster

Used to love The Higsons about 40 years ago. Stumbled across them again today and found myself realising what a great bassist Colin Williams was/is (no idea what he'd oing now, Wikipedia entry simply says "Got a full time job after the band split in 1986).. In fact, having assumed that my main slap influence in the 1980s was Flea, I think the relatively humble Higsons might have beaten the RHCPs to it :)

Live version of Run me Down (many of you will recognise Mr Higson form his later incarnation as part of The Fast Show). 

Studio Version

• Like 2

Oh yes, I remember these guys. I bought Run Me Down purely on the strength of the bass..! Later donated it to a record-collecting mate who was trying to build a collection of every 2 Tone release and couldn't track down a copy of this.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Oh yes, I remember these guys. I bought Run Me Down purely on the strength of the bass..! Later donated it to a record-collecting mate who was trying to build a collection of every 2 Tone release and couldn't track down a copy of this.

Ha ha, I remember even at the time recognising that neither songwriting or lead vocals were their strong point. But the bass, rhythm guitar, horns and BVs are at times outstanding

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Ha ha, I remember even at the time recognising that neither songwriting or lead vocals were their strong point. 

"Blind behind your huge dark glasses,
You slipped a smile that could have killed a cat
"

Not exactly Shakespeare, is it? :lol: