Why become a member? ×

Phil Mann With Victor Wooten

Crawford13

Oh, guys, thank you so much for the mention!

For anyone who's not aware - during CVD I launched With Bass In Mind - a totally free bass hub.

Essentially it's an umbrella site for my books, basses and tuition..However, if you head over to www.withbassinmind.com - there are hundreds of articles, reviews and instalments of my columns in Bass Player magazine...all free to download, share and enjoy.

As part of the new platform, I'm also doing a series of interviews on With Bass In Mind's Youtube channel

(www.youtube.com/c/withbassinmind). This Sunday evening (28th march), I'll be publishing a cool hang with Victor Wooten - please come and enjoy the show, if you like there are also interviews with Dave Swift, Mo Foster, Neil Fairclough and Sandy Beales already available...

My best,
Philip :) 

WBIM - In Conversation With Victor Wooten (March '21).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! It means so much to me that so many people are getting involved with 'With Bass In Mind', I love posting the transcriptions, and seeing so many people enjoying the resource.

Here's a direct link to today's instalment of 'in conversation with Victor Wooten'. 

The chat will be available later today, from 6pm BST:

https://youtu.be/TxCr85lTCIE

Stay safe,

Philip

Edited by Phil Mann
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

He gets around that Phil Mann. We did the virtual Rock and Roll tour of London last weekend and during it there was a video of a recording session where Lonnie Donegan's son recorded Rock Island Line as a tribute to his dad.

Billy Bragg was on washboard and @Phil Mann on double bass.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 09:33, BassBunny said:

He gets around that Phil Mann. We did the virtual Rock and Roll tour of London last weekend and during it there was a video of a recording session where Lonnie Donegan's son recorded Rock Island Line as a tribute to his dad.

Billy Bragg was on washboard and @Phil Mann on double bass.

Oh Wow!

Yes, I remember that one! It was actually a book launch for Billy - in the original Decca Studios in North West London, on the spot where Lonnie originally recorded RIL. We returned the following month to record an entire live album for Peter, which is available on Spotify: 'Live @ Decca' (me and my beloved Anniversary Stingray is on every track). :)

Peter's done so well since - winning best international male and international song at the Texas Country Music Awards for the composition 'Thank You Texas': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFL4AiXJlFY&t=1s 

Here's us on stage together with Van Morrison at Cadagon Hall - All very jolly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvlZcrpvra0

Enjoy!

:)