Why become a member? ×

DEPOSIT TAKEN 1974 Fender Precision Bass "Mocha"
£2300
Devon

Longwheelbass

1974 Fender Precision Bass, great sounding, great weight (8.6lbs) with a nice rosewood board, frets good, original pickups sound superb, original dated pots with original 0.05 ceramic disk capacitor, comes with original hardshell case all latches work. Comes with original ashtrays and thumbrest.

The original factory walnut finish (commonly referred to as Mocha) is well-worn and the bass displays patina and checking all over, clearly was loved by a previous owner as it has had plenty of paint played off of it. The neck is a B width, 1 5/8" at the nut. Tuners all work perfectly, none are bent, bridge is in good shape, truss rod works fine - when I got it the bass had La Bella flats on it and the truss rod was adjusted accordingly to cope with the extra tension. It now has rounds on it and I re-adjusted the rod and it adjusted up easily and is playing buzz-free with a low action. The flats will be in the case compartment - they still have tons of life left in them.

£2300 plus shipping UK wide. (Insured usually ends up being around £90)

74 P w Pines.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Mocha In Case.jpg

Neck pocket.jpeg

Neck stamp.jpeg

Pickup dates.jpeg

Pots.jpg

Edited by Turbineclimber
  • Like 9

Soooo want this, and also a fellow Devonian. YOB bass too. Savings already spent on a car for the wife.  I’d now have to sell my babies to fund, unless you’re interested in a sort after Aqua sparkle Stingray Special and a Sandberg. Did even try a quick loan but that’s now not looking good thanks to an ongoing legal dispute with those toss pots British Gas. Despite  having the ombudsman’s help, and looking like I have won the case after 2yrs, the damage is there to a once perfect credit rating - unfortunately the loan % rates were ridiculous....infuriating to say the least.  Still working on creative ideas though. 

Edited by Raslee