Why become a member? ×

Effect Pedal Repair -where?

andrewrx7

Hi There,

Got to our gig on Sat night, only to find my Unibass pedal has decided to stop working. Since these things are hard to find and not made any more, I was wondering whether repairing it may be an option. So, has anyone had pedals reparied before, and if so, any suggestions where I could send it? (Akai themselves seem to be an American company, with a UK distributer operating out of a unit - so I am assuming repairs is not something they would be involved in).

Thanks,

Andrew

Try [url="http://www.pedal-mods.com"]www.pedal-mods.com[/url]. Sent them my OLD OLD CE-2 which hadn't worked for ages and they sorted it out. Or you could have a word with E at [url="http://www.e-fects.co.uk"]www.e-fects.co.uk[/url] who rebuilt a badly soldered BYPC pedal I bought used.

Edited by john_the_bass

Thanks for the suggestions. I did open the back up, nothing obvious though. I have sent it to the fella who sorted out my bass head and the guitar amp. Hopefully it is something simple - I would like it back in 2 weeks time for our next gig! Must say, it was very noticable during the last gig with it not running. I only really use it on 4 or 5 songs, but those did sound a bit lackluster without it. Just shows you don't always appreciate something until it isn't working!

Edited by andrewrx7

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the guy called today to say he had found a fault and that the pedal is fixed. It was a pretty muffled line so was difficultto make out, but it sounded like the mono-amp on the input had blown. Does that make sense? If it does, then please explain it to me - always willing to understand things better!

Cheers!