Paul C

G&L L2000 Tribute: SOLD.
£360
Manchester

Hi, relisting my L2000 tribute as despite marking it as sold a month or two ago the sale could not be completed. No problems. Thought about keeping it but.....

To simplify the process I'm relisting it with shipping and insurance via Parcelforce included in the price as it doesn't feel like travel restrictions will be lifted any time soon. As a result the price is higher than the previous listing. I think this is for the best though as iv heard a few nasty shipping related mishaps on here of late and want piece of mind so no one loses out at either end of the process should something bad happen.

Planning to ship it in a good sized chunky, strong bubble wrapped box with old soft case as well. Happy to provide a picture if anyone is curious about the packaging. I received a bass in this package myself from France prior to Brexit so should be good. 

Slight dink which i've tried to picture but it does not affect playability and is fairly smooth to the touch. Bass is as new apart from this mark.

Thanks for looking. 

IMG_20201230_143600~2.jpg

IMG_20201230_143618.jpg

IMG_20201230_143713~2.jpg

IMG_20201230_143638.jpg

Edited by MB1
Sold
  • Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gyrus
      Back on sale is this beautiful G&L SB-2, made in the USA in 1996, with an ash body, maple neck and FB, in great condition, ready to be played.

The controls were modified to concentric stacked knobs for volume of the neck and bridge pickups, plus a tone control.

The bass weighs 3.81 Kg (8.4 lbs). It’s OHSC is included, but look at the photos for reference.
    • By uncle psychosis
      Don't really want to sell this but I've finally accepted that when I think "bass" I think "passive Fender" and I can't justify keeping this one, as good as it is. Bought brand new by me circa 2014. I believe that the Tribute M-2000 has been discontinued by G&L and from what I can see this finish was one of the harder to find ones.  £450 seems a sensible starting point given the cost when new, as well as the silly priced ones I've seen elsewhere. 
      G&L M-2000 Tribute GTS TB - bit of a mouthfull, but essentially its a Tribute M-2000, in a lovely translucent black finish (a nightmare to photograph ), with top-binding as well as a lovely carved/shaped top a bit like you get on Fender aerodyne models. Black headstock. 
      The electronics are seriously powerful - an active preamp (unlike the L2000 there is no passive mode), with volume, pan, and 3-band boost/cut EQ with centre detents. Two humbucking MFD pickups. There's a lot of sounds in here but the controls are very simple to understand. 34" bolt-on neck. 
      Neck is really nice, smaller than the baseball bat you get on the L2000. Currently strung with some fender roundwounds that have hardly been played. 
      I would really rather not post this, so collection from Burntisland, Fife - or can potentially meet in/around the West End of Edinburgh during the week. If you really want it and you're not local then I might be able to find a box and arrange a courier at cost. Hit me up if you're interested. 
      Complete photo gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/Qnaj9kd
      (I really don't "want" trades - but would potentially be interested in something jazz / jaguar flavoured with either 4 or 5 strings, part-ex against some Smallsound/Bigsound pedals - TAFM or F*ck overdrive, or maybe a micro/mini bass amp head)

• By gyrus
      RETRACTED - I plan to keep this bass for now. 

For Sale: G&L SB-2
      Made in the USA;1996; with OHSC
      Current price: £
      Collection from Stevenage will be greatly appreciated.
      Feel free to send me a message anytime.

Useful Links:
      Specs rundown YouTube Video HERE 
      Bass demo (includes 9 different settings) YouTube Video HERE
      Sound Sample — Click the link below for:
      “Too Blind To See” by Robyn and the Hoods
    • By alexcar66
      WITHDRAWN

US built CLF L1000, reissue of the early 80's model excellent condition, with case and paperwork. 8.7lbs Rally Red maple gloss board. Sale only thanks 

• By Paul C
      Selling my L2000 Tribute. Always wanted one of these since I saw Martyn le Noble playing the more expensive version. 
      Plenty of demos of this bass on YouTube. Loads of varied sounds on tap but I've realised over the last year I'm obviously a bit of a simpleton, and prefer basses I can just wack the dials on full and play. Despite all the variations the pickups give you, I seem to be endlessly fiddling and adjusting my sound rather than just enjoying it and settling on one that works in my band. Never mind. .......my problem. 
      Its a shame cause I love the neck on this bass. It's quite chunky, but with a great satin finish. Hardware is great for the price esp the bridge. Only change I will be making before selling is refitting the strap buttons it came with.
      I bought this as B stock so one picture shows the ding the bass had when it turned up at PMT prior to shipping to me.  It's not remotely sharp or dangerous and actually quite smooth to the touch. A bit of the lacquer has chipped off but it's in the position of you forearm and mostly against your belly when playing and not a problem or noticeable in any way. 
      Weight exactly 4 kg on our scales.
      UK shipping fine at buyers expense and risk. I have a good quality bass box it can be packed in. No problems. 
      Collection in line with social distance rules fine too. 
      Not really up for trades at the moment.