Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: US Jazz Body. Roadworn P Neck
£650
Bristol

tegs07

Feeler/Trades. Have added a random price but no idea what it is worth - would rather Trade with me pay a bit extra if required for a PJ with Jazz width neck.

Fender Aerodyne, Lakland etc.

I tend to undersell things on here so this is focus’s on all the negatives - if I pop bass on eBay it will be far more of a modified USA made Jazz pitch!

USA Jazz body but routed for PJ. Neat job and shielded (not copper).

Roadworn 90’s USA P neck.
Has been extensively used and gigged by previous owner. I have also had it for a while now. It’s a bit battered but is a joy to play.
Low action and frets have plenty of life.

Neck has been on several different bodies over the years so had several screw holes. A friend who is pretty handy drilled out holes and plugged them and then applied inserts/machine screws.

Really secure fit though neck has a slight overhang (about 1mm) in pocket being a 90’s P on a 2000’s J body.

Original pickups replaced with passive EMG Geezer Butlers.

Babicz string through high mass bridge.

No idea what this bitsa is worth but I love it, particularly the neck despite all its flaws. Sadly the old school (I guess it’s a C profile rather than the more modern D) aggravates my RSI. I have hung on for 9 months now but just find J necks much easier.

Just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in this bass. 

Note photos are old and show bass  dismantled and fitted with Tesla’s.

These pickups and Copper earthing strip are removed now.
I will take more pictures showing fully assembled bass if there is any interest.

Thanks

3AEEB320-632D-40CF-B90E-E71480CE4115.png

38689B12-E525-49AA-92AE-ADA35736B4E5.png

484BB8FB-E9E7-4182-A78A-DF3A77853444.png

06BB3738-E8FF-407D-B65D-49BDC27E98DB.png

2C98A676-CBEC-4C23-96FA-E69FF842AC5B.png

Edited by tegs07
Details

7 minutes ago, Henrythe8 said:

OOooOOOooh... what is the nut width, please ? 

Is it still possible to fit a Jazz Pup in the Neck position ? (with a change of pickguard, of course) ? 

Hi

Will measure for you once work done for day... yep J pickup could be slotted back in.