Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH1000....would you?

Silky999

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Yes, the hydrive 4x10 is a great cab. Very loud and punchy and much smaller and lighter than you would think. That's the same set up I had and it was really really good. The hydrive (usually) has wheels on it too.

Thanks for the information. 

See now I’ve started looking at Ampeg SVTs......a 4 or a 7.....worth the hype or an expensive can of woe and misery? Should I reign in the GAS and stick with the LH or is there something else around the 800-1000w, maximum of £600 new or used I should go for? Finger style only for rock and pop. Got to be reliable. 
My head says the LH1000 and have change for a large 800-1000w cab maybe 611 or 810 to get most out of it but then I look at the Genzs, Mesas, Ampeg and the like and think blow the lot on a more expensive used amp. I’ve loved the sound of a Blackstar Unity 500 combo I had and I could get a new Unity 700 Elite head for the money but it’s not been on the market long so is it reliable??? I want classic rock grunt but able to clean it up a little for a bit of pop. My TC BH500 to me has the best of both worlds with the tube tone and I get the TC watts v. real watts argument hence wanting something with the possibility of a bit more oomph but I do like the sound of it. Apart from TC who is closest to that sort of tone brand wise? I am open to any suggestions or advice...

Edited by Silky999