Why become a member? ×

70-80s Kay Cort ?

Reggaebass

5 minutes ago, The fasting showman said:

Nice bass, it's probably mentioned already but the session player James Eller has used one of these as his main bass for nigh on 40 years. Doubtless paid for itself many times over, he's had some decent gigs.

Cheers for that, I’m not familiar with him but I just had a quick look , he’s quite a player 👍, I don’t play it every day but it’s good fun to get out now and again, makes a change from my jazzes, it’s got a nice sound 🙂

• Like 1

Ironically enough the first bass I ever owned as a lad!!

Purchased late summer from Thompson's electrical store in Edinburgh, with the money I made from my summer job!! Very Early eighties..Tempus Fugit...lol😂

These Kay basses later Cort I believe.. were the business..Think to much sweat destroyed the original pickups on mine!! Then I moved onto a Westone Thunder 1A..I believe I sold the Kay  it to another local band who converted it into a Fretless!! 

If they come up worth an investment in my eyes..With some EMG Geezer pickups..and quality new Hardwear would really cut the mustard..Great job on the bass🤟👊👍😃

ps the knob on the pickup selector was pretty much just like that👍

• Thanks 1

On 04/12/2020 at 08:52, Reggaebass said:

Thanks for that dave, it’s helped me date it, that must have been a really nice first bass, they play so good, this was my first bass , I paid about £30 for it in 1977, it now hangs on my summerhouse wall 🙂

32D80637-591A-44ED-BC18-A490881331DE.jpeg

Jedson Telecaster. My first bass too. ca 1977 also £30 from Wing music in Bromley. They told me it was an Arbiter when I bought it.

Brought it home on the bus with no case or bag. 

• Like 1